April 3, 2013
For those who want to change their looks dramatically, hair extensions offer the perfect combination of versatility and length. There are plenty of different types of hair extensions that you can choose from! Anything from glued hair extensions to sew-ins to clip-ins. It’s a matter of preference and something that you should discuss with your stylist about.
Hair extensions offer volume and length to people who want to adjust their current hairstyle. It is not surprising that people have been turning to hair extensions more often as of late.
Pros of Hair Extensions
There are plenty of things that are great about hair extensions! That’s why so many people are finding specialists who can install them in their hair. Here are some great reasons why you should consider getting them:
- Versatility: The hair extensions can be curly, straight, or wavy. It can also be made from human hair, or it can be synthetic. You can even choose between different lengths and colors until you have the combination of what you are looking for. There are plenty of options to match extensions with your hair color and desired length.
- Polished Final Look: When installation is complete and done well, it is very difficult for people to tell if your hair has extensions in it or not.
- Long-Lasting: Many types of extensions can be worn for longer periods of time, some for several months. This makes them ideal for those who like their hair to be low maintenance.
Things To Consider Before Getting Hair Extensions
Hair extensions require a lot of research before getting them. They are great to have, but you want to make sure that you get the type and style that will be best for your hair! Here are some things to consider when looking into hair extensions:
- Heat: You’ll want to be very careful when using heat on your hair extensions. Just like with your real hair, heat can damage if not used properly or too frequently. Talk to your stylist about the options you have when using heat tools on your extensions.
- Maintenance: Hair extensions are very convenient and can make getting ready in the morning easier, but they also do require maintenance every few months. Remember that when you get hair extensions installed that maintaining them with your stylist will be a part of the process.
How To Maintain Your Hair Extensions
It’s important to take good care of your extensions to keep them looking beautiful and healthy. Maintaining them depends on many factors like materials used or different installation methods. Talk to your stylist to make sure you know how to best take care of your specific choice of extensions.
Here are some questions you’ll want to consider with your stylist:
- What types of products and tools can I use?
- What’s the best way to brush and detangle my hair extensions?
- How do I prevent tangling?
- What are some good ways to prevent shedding?
- How often should I wash my hair extensions?
- Are there options to dye my hair extensions?
Removing Hair Extensions
Whether you are saving money, getting ready for a new installation, or both, the hair must be taken out as safely as possible. You should never attempt to remove your hair extensions by yourself. Always consult with a stylist who specializes in hair extensions on the best time and way for you to get them removed. It may be tempting to remove them yourself, but you don’t want to risk tangling or damaging your hair while in the process.
Interested in Learning More About Hair Extensions?
If you’ve ever had an interest in learning more about hair extensions and how to install and maintain them yourself, then we offer an Advanced Hair Extensions Course just for that! This opportunity can help you develop further skills in the world of beauty or help you get started. You can learn:
- Installation of volume and length extensions
- Health and safety
- Hair products
- And more!
Contact us to learn more about how you can get started with Avalon Institute today!