July 8, 2013
There are several make-up tips that are beneficial to all women. These tips will help women avoid making common make-up mistakes. This usually results in a make-up look that appears as though it was applied by a professional make-up artist or makeup student.
What Are Some of the Most Common Make-Up Mistakes?
Every woman is guilty of making common make-up errors. While these errors may seem harmless at first, they can make a woman look older and unnatural. Therefore, it is important to learn from the mistakes listed below:
- Wearing the wrong shade of foundation. The ideal shade will sink into the skin and leave behind no marks. Women should be aware that the purpose of foundation is to even out the skin tone, not cover blemishes.
- Applying make-up on dry skin. Putting foundation on dry skin will only emphasize flaky skin. Ideally, women will exfoliate and moisturize before they apply foundation.
- Wearing blue eyeshadow. As blue eyeshadow is harsh, it should only be worn by little girls, models and people attending costume parties.
- Trying to plump the lips using lipliner. Most people apply their lipliner incorrectly and wind up looking overly made-up.
- Overplucking or ignoring the eyebrows. Well done eyebrows will make a woman appear groomed and complement her make-up.
- Wearing too many eyeshadow colors. At most, there should only be three colors on the eyelids.
- Using highlighters to try and “sculpt” the face. As most women are not professional make-up artists, this often leads to harsh lines being created on the face.
- Using eyebrow pencil on the eyebrows. This creates a harsh look.
- Wearing black eyeliner in the daytime is ill-advised as dark colors make the eyes recede. Using light colors will make women appear more awake.
- Glitter should not be used as it is considered to be juvenile. Sparkly looks are often worn by children and entertainers.
- Luminizing products should be used sparingly as they have the potential to make the skin look very strange.
How to Apply Make-up Like a Professional
Women who keep the above tips in mind will generally create pleasing looks. However, those who want to apply make-up like professionals should get some training and invest in a set of brushes. This will take the looks created using the above makeup tips to the next level.
If you are interested in becoming a make-up artist, please contact Avalon School of Cosmetology. Our staff will be able to talk to you about our make-up courses and future career opportunities. If you need help with funding, we can also assist you by looking into cosmetology grants and scholarships on your behalf.