• I hereby consent to receive calls and/or text messages (standard text message may apply) from or on behalf of Avalon at the telephone number provided above. I understand that consent is not a condition of purchase.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

October 14, 2015

Visit Me Salon & Fashion

Avalon graduate, Lauren has some advice to all current and prospective students about using and taking advantage of all the opportunities offered while attending Avalon. Her advice is, take advantage of your instructors and your classes. Learn from everybody possible. Keep track of your hours just so that you have motivation to stay in school, so that you aren’t missing so much, and you can see how you progress when you’re actually at school.

When you’re out of school, try to look for something to do assisting or apprenticeship. That is a fabulous opportunity just to learn extra stuff outside, see how the stylists who have been in the field for 25‑plus years work, how they cater to their clients. To learn more about the opportunities that await you visit our website at https://avalon.edu/cosmetology/

Emily Thomas: Hi, my name is Emily Thomas and I am the owner of Me Salon and Fashion here in Clearfield. We offer everything from hair colors, haircuts, aesthetician work, pedicures.

We’ve been here for 7 years. We want to pamper our clients from their head to their toe, which is why it says “Me Head to Toe” on our sign. Lauren has been here with us, and we love her.

She is awesome at everything she does. Her clients are happy. She keeps my clients happy when I send them to her to do anything from pedicures to their fingernails. Even with the [inaudible 00:48] clients, she does an amazing job.

Lauren Chabries: Hi, I’m Lauren Chabries. I’m at Me Salon and Fashion in Clearfield, Utah. I’m a graduate of Avalon School of Cosmetology in November, 2011.

I actually work in two salons. I was also the semi‑finalist for Matrix Spread the Love contest last year, which was a fabulous opportunity. I would encourage anybody to do that.

I’m going to give a little bit of advice to show what you could take from school to your outside career. First of all, take it very seriously. You’re paying for it.

While you’re in school, take advantage of your instructors and your classes. I want you to learn as much as you can in the time that you have. Learn from everybody possible.

Keep track of your hours just so that you have motivation to stay in school, so that you aren’t missing so much, and you can see how you progress when you’re actually at school.

When you’re out of school, try to look for something to do assisting or apprenticeship. I work in a Salt Lake salon, and I do an apprenticeship, there. I’ve been doing that for over a year. That is a fabulous opportunity just to learn extra stuff outside, see how the stylists who have been in the field for 25‑plus years work, how they cater to their clients.

This is a specifically case throughout our clients. We want them to be taken care of in every way possible so that we make sure that they’re taken care of head to toe.

Emily: We just love taking care of our clients, here. It’s all about the client. She really knows how to do that, and we’re very happy to have someone like that in our salon.

, , , , ,