May 22, 2020
We want to make sure that our guests, students, and staff feel safe and comfortable as we re-open our doors following COVID-19 guidelines. As we reopen, we will be implementing specific measures at each of our locations to help provide great services to guests while following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
Our clinic floors are expected to open once again on June 1st for Mesa, Phoenix, and Layton locations. Our Aurora location is still waiting for guidance from the state and local government bodies on when it is safe for us to open.
What Can I Expect At Avalon School of Cosmetology?
Following specific safety and sanitation guidelines is not only important but necessary as we safely re-open our community. We are implementing these procedures to ensure our students are protecting themselves and their clients.
Safety Guidelines For Students
Here are the classroom habits that will be developed for our students and staff while learning:
- We will strive to limit the number of students and staff in a classroom to help ensure physical distancing of six feet between seating and tables.
- We will limit the number of people allowed in the building, classroom, and hallways.
- Classroom breaks will be staggered, but due to limited space, we encourage breaks to be taken in cars or outside while social distancing.
- Increased and consistent sanitation procedures will be in place.
General Guidelines for Everyone
These guidelines will be expected to be followed by students, staff, and guests alike:
- Follow CDC health guidelines of proper handwashing, avoiding touching your face, sneezing or coughing into a tissue and discarding, disinfecting surfaces, and avoiding touching others’ personal belongings. They also strongly encourage people to wear courtesy masks in public.
- We will strictly enforce a Stay-at-Home when Sick or Symptomatic Policy with no exceptions.
- Each person entering the school will have their temperature tested by an infrared thermometer.
- Each client will be asked a variety of screening questions to determine if they are healthy to enter.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks on campus and respect physical distancing.
- Clients will be expected to wear a mask the entire stay of their appointment except for during facial services.
- Clinics will be at no more than 50% occupancy.
We’re Here For You
At Avalon School of Cosmetology, we are on your side in developing these habits to keep you safe. We want to help people enjoy salon services while students continue following their passions in beauty, all while slowing the spread of COVID-19.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our school if you have any questions or concerns about the policies we have implemented. We hope every healthy person can feel confident and safe while walking through our doors once again.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
We’re excited to see our guests, with a mask of course! If you’re ready to schedule your next appointment, then give us a call at the nearest location. We’ll be happy to see you and help you feel and look your best!
If you’re a beauty enthusiast who’s ready to learn more about beauty school, then schedule an appointment for your choice of an in-person or virtual tour. We’re excited to meet you!